Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
6.RL Reading Literature
- 6.RL.KID Key Ideas and Details
- 6.RL.KID.1 Analyze what a text says explicitly and draw logical inferences; cite textual evidence to support conclusions.
- 6.RL.KID.2 Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary.
- 6.RL.KID.3 Describe how the plot of a story or drama unfolds, as well as how the characters respond or change as the plot moves toward a resolution.
- 6.RL.CS Craft and Structure
- 6.RL.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including allusions to other texts.
- 6.RL.CS.5 Analyze how a particular sentence, chapter, scene, or stanza fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the theme, setting, or plot.
- 6.RL.CS.6 Explain how an author establishes and conveys the point of view of the narrator or speaker in a text.
- 6.RL.IKI Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 6.RL.IKI.7 Compare and contrast the written version of a story, drama, or poem to the experience of listening to or viewing an audio, video, or live production of a text.
- 6.RL.IKI.9 Compare and contrast texts in different forms or genres in terms of their approaches to similar themes and topics.
- 6.RL.RRTC Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 6.RL.RRTC.10 Read and comprehend a variety of literature throughout the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently, with a gradual release of scaffolding at the high end as needed.