Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
Phonological Awareness/Phonemic Awareness
- 8 Apply knowledge of voiced and unvoiced sounds and manner of articulation to distinguish between commonly-confused vowel sounds and commonly-confused cognate consonant sounds.
- 9 Demonstrate advanced phonemic awareness skills in spoken words.
- 9.a Add, delete, and substitute phonemes at the beginning, end, or middle of a spoken word made up of up to six phonemes and produce the resulting word.
- 9.b Delete the initial sound in an initial blend in a one-syllable base word.
- 9.c With prompting and support, delete the medial and final sounds in blends in one syllable base words.
- 9.d Apply phoneme chaining that changes only one sound at a time to show addition, deletion, substitution, and resequencing of sounds from one word to the next.
- 9.e With prompting and support, reverse sounds within a word by saying the last sound first and the first sound last.