Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- 15 Utilize new academic, content-specific, grade-level vocabulary, making connections to previously learned words and relating new words to background knowledge.
- 15.a Make connections to a word’s structure using knowledge of phonology, morphology, and orthography of the word to aid learning.
- 16 Describe word relationships and nuances in word meanings, including relating them to their opposites and distinguishing shades of meaning in similar or related words.
- 16.a Use knowledge of antonyms and synonyms.
- 16.b Distinguish shades of meaning among verbs and adjectives.
- 16.c Use knowledge of homophones to determine use of the correct word.
- 16.d With prompting and support, interpret figurative language.
- 17 Analyze meaningful parts of words and phrases in discussions and/or text.
- 17.a Identify possessives and plurals and use them as clues to the meaning of text.
- 17.b Identify meaningful parts of words (morphemes) and use them as clues to the meaning of unknown words, including base words, compound words, and frequently occurring affixes and inflections.
- 18 Use dictionary definitions and information found within the text to help determine meaning of unfamiliar or multi-meaning words.
- 19 Identify new vocabulary and the use of word meanings in text to establish real-life connections.
- 20 Use grade-level academic and domain-specific vocabulary to gain meaning from text.
- 21 Use grade-level academic and domain-specific vocabulary in writing.