Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 3rd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- 31 Write legibly in cursive with connected, correctly-formed letters and appropriate spacing between words.
- 32 Apply knowledge of grade-appropriate phoneme-grapheme correspondences, multisyllabic word construction, syllable division rules, and spelling rules (or generalizations) to encode words accurately.
- 32.a Apply knowledge of multisyllabic word construction and syllable division principles to encode multisyllabic words.
- 32.b Encode multisyllabic words, using common syllable patterns: open/closed, vowel-r, vowel-consonant-e, vowel teams, consonant-le, and odd or schwa syllables.
- 32.c Encode words with two and three letter blends and previously taught digraphs, trigraphs, combinations, diphthongs, quadrigraph eigh, vowel y, hard and soft c and g, silent letter combinations, and contractions.
- 32.d Encode words with less common prefixes, suffixes, and common Latin roots.
- 32.e Encode frequently confused homophones accurately, using context to determine correct spelling.
- 33 Write personal or fictional narratives with a logical plot (sequence of events), characters, transitions, and a sense of closure.
- 34 Write informative or explanatory texts about a topic using sources, including an introduction, facts, relevant details with elaboration, and a conclusion.
- 35 Write an argument to convince the reader to take an action or adopt a position, using an introduction, logical reasoning supported by evidence from various sources, and a conclusion.
- 36 Demonstrate knowledge of the rules of standard English grammar including punctuation, capitalization, sentence formation, and spelling appropriate for third grade.
- 36.a Use articles a , an, and the correctly.
- 36.b Identify the role of a noun, verb, adjective, adverb, pronoun, preposition, and conjunction within a sentence and explain the type of the information it conveys.
- 36.c Form plural nouns, verbs, and possessives, including irregular plural nouns and verbs.
- 36.d Use simple abbreviations, including days of the week, months of the year, titles, units of metric and customary measurement, street names, and state names.
- 37 Compose simple, compound, and complex sentences with correct subject-verb agreement.
- 37.a Identify and correct sentence fragments and run-on sentences.
- 37.b Identify the subject and predicate of a sentence.
- 38 Compose and develop a well-organized paragraph with a topic sentence, details to support, and a concluding sentence.
- 39 Gather and evaluate information about a topic from a variety of sources, including digital sources, and utilize it to create a project, report, or presentation.
- 39.a Avoid plagiarism by using their own words and utilizing digital sources ethically.
- 40 Use grade-level and domain-appropriate vocabulary in writing.
- 40.a Use specific vocabulary to develop a story.
- 40.b Use specific vocabulary to explain or inform on a topic.
- 41 Use words and phrases in writing for effect and elaboration.
- 41.a Use transition words and phrases for sentence variety.
- 42 Write poetry or prose in response to visual images to interpret their meanings.