Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 3rd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- 13 Utilize new academic, content-specific, grade-level vocabulary to make connections to previously learned words and relate new words to background knowledge.
- 13.a Make connections to a word’s structure using knowledge of phonology, morphology, and orthography of the word to aid learning.
- 14 Describe word relationships and nuances in word meanings, including relating them to their opposites and distinguishing shades of meaning in similar or related words, including nouns, verbs, and adjectives.
- 14.a Determine meaning of words using synonyms in context.
- 14.b Determine meaning of words using antonyms as a clue.
- 14.c Describe the similarities and differences between related words.
- 14.d Use knowledge of homophones to determine appropriate use of words.
- 14.e Interpret figurative language.
- 14.f Identify relationships and nuances in word meanings to determine real-life connections between words and their use.
- 15 Analyze meaningful parts (morphemes) of words and phrases in discussions and/or text.
- 15.a Identify meaningful parts of words (morphemes) and use them as clues to the meaning of unfamiliar words, including base words, roots, and frequently occurring affixes and inflections.
- 15.b Apply knowledge of the changes in tense (-ed), number (-s), and degree (-er and -est) signified by inflected endings to determine the meaning of a word.
- 15.c Identify common and derivational prefixes and suffixes and use them as clues to a word’s meaning.
- 15.d Identify common Latin and Greek roots and use them to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- 15.e Sort words with shared and varied suffixes by parts of speech.
- 16 Use knowledge of grade-level academic and domain-specific vocabulary to gain meaning from text.
- 17 Use grade-level academic and domain-specific vocabulary in writing.