Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 4th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- 32 Respond in writing to literature and informational text, including stories, dramas, poetry, and cross-curricular texts, both independently and with support, demonstrating grade-level proficiency.
- 33 Use research to produce clear and coherent writing in which the development and organization are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
- 33.a Introduce a research topic clearly and group related ideas.
- 33.b Integrate and cite evidence to present research findings in written form.
- 33.c Paraphrase portions of texts or information presented in diverse media and formats.
- 34 Write fluently and legibly in cursive, using correctly formed letters with appropriate spacing.
- 35 Write personal or fictional narratives using a logical plot, transitional words and phrases, sensory details, and dialogue, and providing a sense of closure.
- 36 Write informative or explanatory text about a topic using sources, incorporating academic vocabulary, and including an introduction, facts, details with elaboration, and a conclusion.
- 37 Write an argument to persuade the reader to take an action or adopt a position, using an introduction, logical reasoning supported by evidence from relevant sources, and linking words to connect their argument to the evidence.
- 38 Compose complete sentences with correct subject-verb agreement, punctuation, and usage.
- 38.a Order adjectives within sentences according to conventional patterns.
- 38.b Form and use prepositional phrases and conjunctions.
- 38.c Recognize and correct sentence fragments and run-on sentences.
- 38.d Use commas, apostrophes, and quotation marks correctly.
- 38.e Use correct capitalization, including familial relations and proper adjectives.
- 38.f Spell grade-appropriate words correctly, consulting references as needed.
- 39 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage.
- 39.a Use relative pronouns who, whose, which, and that, relative adverbs where, when, and how, and irregular possessive nouns.
- 39.b Form and use the progressive verb tenses.
- 39.c Use modal auxiliaries to convey various conditions.
- 40 Compose friendly and formal letters using appropriate elements, including date, greeting, body, and a signature.
- 40.a Write return address and mailing address in the proper locations on an envelope.
- 41 Present an opinion orally, sequencing ideas logically and using relevant facts.
- 41.a Express appropriate and meaningful responses to questions posed by others.
- 42 Report on a topic or text, tell a story, or recount an experience in an organized manner, using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support main ideas or themes, and speaking clearly with adequate volume, appropriate pacing, and clear pronunciation.
- 42.a Articulate ideas, claims, and perspectives in a logical sequence, presenting information, findings, and credible evidence from multiple sources and modalities to enhance listeners’ understanding.