Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- 16 Interpret how an author’s grammar and rhetorical style contribute to the meaning in both fiction, including poetry and prose, and nonfiction, including historical, business, informational, and workplace documents.
- 17 Classify formality of language in order to comprehend, interpret, and respond appropriately.
- 18 Analyze a speaker’s rhetorical, aesthetic, and organizational choices in order to determine point of view and purpose.
- 19 Apply conventions of language to communicate effectively with a target audience, including punctuation; capitalization; spelling; verb, pronoun, and modifier usage; and effective sentence structure.
- 20 Adapt speech to purpose and audience in a variety of contexts and tasks, demonstrating command of formal English conventions as indicated or appropriate.