Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
W Writing Standards
- Text Types and Purposes
- W.2.1 Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply reasons that support the opinion, use linking words (e.g., because, and, also) to connect opinion and reasons, and provide one or more concluding sentences that restate or paraphrase their opinion.
- W.2.2 Write informative/explanatory texts in which they introduce a topic, use facts and definitions to develop points, and provide a concluding statement or one or more concluding sentences that emphasize their most important point or focus.
- W.2.3 Use narrative writing to retell a well-elaborated event or short sequence of real or imagined events, include details to describe actions, thoughts, and feelings, use linking words to signal event order, and provide one or more concluding sentences that restate or emphasize a feeling or lesson learned.
- Production and Distribution of Writing
- W.2.5 With guidance and support from adults and peers, focus on a topic and strengthen writing as needed (e.g., adding concrete and sensory details; elaborating on how the details chosen support the focus) by revising and editing.
- W.2.6 With guidance and support from adults, use a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including in collaboration with peers.
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- W.2.7 Participate in shared research and writing projects (e.g., read a number of books on a single topic to produce a report or visual or oral presentation; record data from science observations).
- W.2.8 Recall information from experiences or gather information from provided sources to answer a question.