Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
5.RI Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- 5.RI.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- 5.RI.2 Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
- 5.RI.3 Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text, based on specific information in the text.
- Craft and Structure
- 5.RI.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area.
- 5.RI.5 Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, and problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
- 5.RI.6 Analyze multiple accounts of the same event or topic, noting important similarities and differences in the point of view they represent.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 5.RI.7 Draw on information from multiple print or digital sources, demonstrating the ability to locate an answer to a question quickly or to solve a problem efficiently.
- 5.RI.8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s).
- 5.RI.9 Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 5.RI.10 By the end of the year, proficiently and independently read and comprehend informational text, including history/social studies, science and technological texts, in a text complexity range determined by qualitative and quantitative measures appropriate to grade 5.