Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RL.7 Reading Standards for Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- RL.7.1 Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- RL.7.2 Examine a grade-appropriate literary text. Provide an objective summary. Determine a theme of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text.
- RL.7.3 Analyze how particular elements of a story or drama interact (e.g., how setting shapes the characters or plot, how imagery affects the mood of the text, how characters’ decisions affect the plot).
- Craft and Structure
- RL.7.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of rhymes and other repetitions of sounds (e.g., alliteration) on a specific verse or stanza of a poem or section of a story or drama.
- RL.7.5 Analyze how particular elements of a drama or poem (e.g., scene, stage direction, monologue, or stanza) fit into the overall structure and contribute to its meaning.
- RL.7.6 Analyze how an author develops and contrasts the points of view and/or perspectives of different characters or narrators in a text.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RL.7.7 Compare and contrast a written story, drama, or poem to its audio, filmed, staged, or multimedia version, analyzing the effects of techniques unique to each medium (e.g., lighting, sound, color, or camera focus and angles in a film).
- RL.7.9 Compare and contrast a fictional portrayal of a time, place, or character and a historical account of the same period as a means of understanding how authors of fiction use or alter history.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RL.7.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature, including stories, dramas, and poems, in the Grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.