Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten Math Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
PK.NO Number Sense
- PK.1.0 Children expand their understanding of numbers and quantities in their everyday environment.
- PK.1.1 Recite numbers in order to twenty with increasing accuracy.
- PK.1.2 Recognize and know the name of some written numerals.
- PK.1.3 Identify, without counting, the number of objects in a collection of up to four objects (i.e., subitize).
- PK.1.4 Count up to ten objects, using one-to-one correspondence (one object for each number word) with increasing accuracy.
- PK.1.5 Understand, when counting, that the number name of the last object counted represents the total number of objects in the group (i.e., cardinality).
- PK.2.0 Children expand their understanding of number relationships and operations in their everyday environment.
- PK.2.1 Compare, by counting or matching, two groups of up to five objects and communicate, “more,” “same as,” or “fewer” (or “less”).
- PK.2.2 Understand that adding one or taking away one changes the number in a small group of objects by exactly one.
- PK.2.3 Understand that putting two groups of objects together will make a bigger group and that a group of objects can be taken apart into smaller groups.
- PK.2.4 Solve simple addition and subtraction problems with a small number of objects (sums up to 10), usually by counting.
PK.AF Algebra and Functions (Classification and Patterning)
- PK.1.0 Children expand their understanding of sorting and classifying objects in their everyday environment.
- PK.1.1 Sort and classify objects by one or more attributes, into two or more groups, with increasing accuracy (e.g., may sort first by one attribute and then by another attribute).
- PK.2.0 Children expand their understanding of simple, repeating patterns.
- PK.2.1 Recognize and duplicate simple repeating patterns.
- PK.2.2 Begin to extend and create simple repeating patterns.
- PK.1.0 Children expand their understanding of comparing, ordering, and measuring objects.
- PK.1.1 Compare two objects by length, weight, or capacity directly (e.g., putting objects side by side) or indirectly (e.g., using a third object).
- PK.1.2 Order four or more objects by size.
- PK.1.3 Measure length using multiple duplicates of the same-size concrete units laid end to end.
- PK.1.0 Children identify and use a variety of shapes in their everyday environment.
- PK.1.1 Identify, describe, and construct a variety of different shapes, including variations of a circle, triangle, rectangle, square, and other shapes.
- PK.1.2 Combine different shapes to create a picture or design.
- PK.2.0 Children expand their understanding of positions in space.
- PK.2.1 Identify positions of objects and people in space, including in/on/ under, up/down, inside/outside, beside/between, and in front/behind.
PK.MR Mathematical Reasoning
- PK.1.0 Children expand the use of mathematical thinking to solve problems that arise in their everyday environment.
- PK.1.1 Identify and apply a variety of mathematical strategies to solve problems in their environment.