Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 3rd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
3.RI Reading Standards for Informational Text
- 3.RI.1 Key Ideas and Details
- 3.RI.1.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- 3.RI.1.2 Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
- 3.RI.1.3 Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect.
- 3.RI.2 Craft and Structure
- 3.RI.2.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area.
- 3.RI.2.5 Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
- 3.RI.2.6 Distinguish their own point of view from that of the author of a text.
- 3.RI.3 Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 3.RI.3.7 Use information gained from illustrations (e.g., maps, photographs) and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of the text (e.g., where, when, why, and how key events occur).
- 3.RI.3.8 Describe the logical connection between particular sentences and paragraphs in a text (e.g., comparison, cause/effect, first/second/third in a sequence).
- 3.RI.3.9 Compare and contrast the most important points and key details presented in two texts on the same topic.
- 3.RI.4 Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 3.RI.4.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, at the high end of the grades 2–3 text complexity band independently and proficiently.