Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 4th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- ELA.4.R.1 Reading Prose and Poetry
- ELA.4.R.1.1 Explain how setting, events, conflict, and character development contribute to the plot in a literary text.
- ELA.4.R.1.2 Explain a stated or implied theme and how it develops, using details, in a literary text.
- ELA.4.R.1.3 Identify the narrator’s point of view and explain the difference between a narrator’s point of view and character perspective in a literary text.
- ELA.4.R.1.4 Explain how rhyme and structure create meaning in a poem.
- ELA.4.R.2 Reading Informational Text
- ELA.4.R.2.1 Explain how text features contribute to the meaning and identify the text structures of problem/solution, sequence, and description in texts.
- ELA.4.R.2.2 Explain how relevant details support the central idea, implied or explicit.
- ELA.4.R.2.3 Explain an author’s perspective toward a topic in an informational text.
- ELA.4.R.2.4 Explain an author’s claim and the reasons and evidence used to support the claim.
- ELA.4.R.3 Reading Across Genres
- ELA.4.R.3.1 Explain how figurative language contributes to meaning in text(s).
- ELA.4.R.3.2 Summarize a text to enhance comprehension.
- ELA.4.R.3.2.a Include plot and theme for a literary text.
- ELA.4.R.3.2.b Include the central idea and relevant details for an informational text.
- ELA.4.R.3.3 Compare and contrast accounts of the same event using primary and/or secondary sources.