Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- ELA.5.C.1 Communicating Through Writing
- ELA.5.C.1.1 Demonstrate fluent and legible cursive writing skills.
- ELA.5.C.1.2 Write personal or fictional narratives using a logical sequence of events and demonstrating an effective use of techniques such as dialogue, description, and transitional words and phrases.
- ELA.5.C.1.3 Write to make a claim supporting a perspective with logical reasons, relevant evidence from sources, elaboration, and an organizational structure with varied transitions.
- ELA.5.C.1.4 Write expository texts about a topic using multiple sources and including an organizational structure, relevant elaboration, and varied transitions.
- ELA.5.C.1.5 Improve writing by planning, revising, and editing, with guidance and support from adults and feedback from peers.
- ELA.5.C.2 Communicating Orally
- ELA.5.C.2.1 Present information orally, in a logical sequence, using nonverbal cues, appropriate volume, clear pronunciation, and appropriate pacing.
- ELA.5.C.3 Following Conventions
- ELA.5.C.3.1 Follow the rules of standard English grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling appropriate to grade level.
- ELA.5.C.4 Researching
- ELA.5.C.4.1 Conduct research to answer a question, organizing information about the topic and using multiple reliable and valid sources.
- ELA.5.C.5 Creating and Collaborating
- ELA.5.C.5.1 Arrange multimedia elements to create emphasis in oral or written tasks.
- ELA.5.C.5.2 Use digital writing tools individually or collaboratively to plan, draft, and revise writing.