Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
5.RI Reading Standards for Informational Text
- 5.RI.1 Key Ideas and Details
- 5.RI.1.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- 5.RI.1.2 Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
- 5.RI.1.3 Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text based on specific information in the text.
- 5.RI.2 Craft and Structure
- 5.RI.2.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area.
- 5.RI.2.5 Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
- 5.RI.2.6 Analyze multiple accounts of the same event or topic, noting important similarities and differences in the point of view they represent.
- 5.RI.3 Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 5.RI.3.7 Draw on information from multiple print or digital sources, demonstrating the ability to locate an answer to a question quickly or to solve a problem efficiently.
- 5.RI.3.8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s).
- 5.RI.3.9 Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- 5.RI.4 Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 5.RI.4.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, at the high end of the grades 4–5 text complexity band independently and proficiently.