Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
6.RI Reading Standards for Informational Text
- 6.RI.1 Key Ideas and Details
- 6.RI.1.1 Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- 6.RI.1.2 Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
- 6.RI.1.3 Analyze in detail how a key individual, event, or idea is introduced, illustrated, and elaborated in a text (e.g., through examples or anecdotes).
- 6.RI.2 Craft and Structure
- 6.RI.2.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings.
- 6.RI.2.5 Analyze how a particular sentence, paragraph, chapter, or section fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the ideas.
- 6.RI.2.6 Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text and explain how it is conveyed in the text.
- 6.RI.3 Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 6.RI.3.7 Integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words to develop a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
- 6.RI.3.8 Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.
- 6.RI.3.9 Compare and contrast one author’s presentation of events with that of another (e.g., a memoir written by and a biography on the same person).
- 6.RI.4 Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 6.RI.4.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend literary nonfiction in the grades 6–8 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.