Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- ELA.6.R.1 Reading Prose and Poetry
- ELA.6.R.1.1 Analyze how the interaction between characters contributes to the development of a plot in a literary text.
- ELA.6.R.1.2 Analyze the development of stated or implied theme(s) throughout a literary text.
- ELA.6.R.1.3 Explain the influence of multiple narrators and/or shifts in point of view in a literary text.
- ELA.6.R.1.4 Describe the impact of various poetic forms on meaning and style.
- ELA.6.R.2 Reading Informational Text
- ELA.6.R.2.1 Explain how individual text sections and/or features convey meaning in texts.
- ELA.6.R.2.2 Analyze the central idea(s), implied or explicit, and its development throughout a text.
- ELA.6.R.2.3 Analyze authors’ purpose(s) in multiple accounts of the same event or topic.
- ELA.6.R.2.4 Track the development of an argument, identifying the types of reasoning used.
- ELA.6.R.3 Reading Across Genres
- ELA.6.R.3.1 Explain how figurative language contributes to tone and meaning in text(s).
- ELA.6.R.3.2 Paraphrase content from grade-level texts.
- ELA.6.R.3.3 Compare and contrast how authors from different time periods address the same or related topics.
- ELA.6.R.3.4 Identify rhetorical appeals in a text.