Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
7.RI Reading Standards for Informational Text
- 7.RI.1 Key Ideas and Details
- 7.RI.1.1 Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- 7.RI.1.2 Determine two or more central ideas in a text and analyze their development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of the text.
- 7.RI.1.3 Analyze the interactions between individuals, events, and ideas in a text (e.g., how ideas influence individuals or events, or how individuals influence ideas or events).
- 7.RI.2 Craft and Structure
- 7.RI.2.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone.
- 7.RI.2.5 Analyze the structure an author uses to organize a text, including how the major sections contribute to the whole and to the development of the ideas.
- 7.RI.2.6 Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text and analyze how the author distinguishes his or her position from that of others.
- 7.RI.3 Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 7.RI.3.7 Compare and contrast a text to an audio, video, or multimedia version of the text, analyzing each medium’s portrayal of the subject (e.g., how the delivery of a speech affects the impact of the words).
- 7.RI.3.8 Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the reasoning is sound and the evidence is relevant and sufficient to support the claims.
- 7.RI.3.9 Analyze how two or more authors writing about the same topic shape their presentations of key information by emphasizing different evidence or advancing different interpretations of facts.
- 7.RI.4 Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 7.RI.4.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend literary nonfiction in the grades 6–8 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.