Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- ELA.7.R.1 Reading Prose and Poetry
- ELA.7.R.1.1 Analyze the impact of setting on character development and plot in a literary text.
- ELA.7.R.1.2 Compare two or more themes and their development throughout a literary text.
- ELA.7.R.1.3 Explain the influence of narrator(s), including unreliable narrator(s), and/or shifts in point of view in a literary text.
- ELA.7.R.1.4 Analyze the impact of various poetic forms on meaning and style.
- ELA.7.R.2 Reading Informational Text
- ELA.7.R.2.1 Explain how individual text sections and/or features convey a purpose in texts.
- ELA.7.R.2.2 Compare two or more central ideas and their development throughout a text.
- ELA.7.R.2.3 Explain how an author establishes and achieves purpose(s) through diction and syntax.
- ELA.7.R.2.4 Track the development of an argument, analyzing the types of reasoning used and their effectiveness.
- ELA.7.R.3 Reading Across Genres
- ELA.7.R.3.1 Analyze how figurative language contributes to tone and meaning and explain examples of allusions in text(s).
- ELA.7.R.3.2 Paraphrase content from grade-level texts.
- ELA.7.R.3.3 Compare and contrast how authors with differing perspectives address the same or related topics or themes.
- ELA.7.R.3.4 Explain the meaning and/or significance of rhetorical devices in a text.