Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 8th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- ELA.8.R.1 Reading Prose and Poetry
- ELA.8.R.1.1 Analyze the interaction between character development, setting, and plot in a literary text.
- ELA.8.R.1.2 Analyze two or more themes and their development throughout a literary text.
- ELA.8.R.1.3 Analyze how an author develops and individualizes the perspectives of different characters.
- ELA.8.R.1.4 Analyze structure, sound, imagery, and figurative language in poetry.
- ELA.8.R.2 Reading Informational Text
- ELA.8.R.2.1 Analyze how individual text sections and/or features convey a purpose and/or meaning in texts.
- ELA.8.R.2.2 Analyze two or more central ideas and their development throughout a text.
- ELA.8.R.2.3 Explain how an author establishes and achieves purpose(s) through rhetorical appeals and/or figurative language.
- ELA.8.R.2.4 Track the development of an argument, analyzing the types of reasoning used and their effectiveness, identifying ways in which the argument could be improved.
- ELA.8.R.3 Reading Across Genres
- ELA.8.R.3.1 Analyze how figurative language contributes to meaning and explain examples of symbolism in text(s).
- ELA.8.R.3.2 Paraphrase content from grade-level texts.
- ELA.8.R.3.3 Compare and contrast the use or discussion of archetypes in texts.
- ELA.8.R.3.4 Explain how an author uses rhetorical devices to support or advance an appeal.