Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 8th Grade Social Studies Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
LAFS.68.RH Reading Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies
- LAFS.68.RH.1 Key Ideas and Details
- LAFS.68.RH.1.1 Cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of primary and secondary sources.
- LAFS.68.RH.1.2 Determine the central ideas or information of a primary or secondary source; provide an accurate summary of the source distinct from prior knowledge or opinions.
- LAFS.68.RH.1.3 Identify key steps in a text’s description of a process related to history/social studies (e.g., how a bill becomes law, how interest rates are raised or lowered).
- LAFS.68.RH.2 Craft and Structure
- LAFS.68.RH.2.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including vocabulary specific to domains related to history/social studies.
- LAFS.68.RH.2.5 Describe how a text presents information (e.g., sequentially, comparatively, causally).
- LAFS.68.RH.2.6 Identify aspects of a text that reveal an author’s point of view or purpose (e.g., loaded language, inclusion or avoidance of particular facts).
- LAFS.68.RH.3 Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- LAFS.68.RH.3.7 Integrate visual information (e.g., in charts, graphs, photographs, videos, or maps) with other information in print and digital texts.
- LAFS.68.RH.3.8 Distinguish among fact, opinion, and reasoned judgment in a text.
- LAFS.68.RH.3.9 Analyze the relationship between a primary and secondary source on the same topic.
- LAFS.68.RH.4 Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- LAFS.68.RH.4.10 By the end of grade 8, read and comprehend history/social studies texts in the grades 6–8 text complexity band independently and proficiently.