Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- ELA.9.C.1 Communicating Through Writing
- ELA.9.C.1.2 Write narratives using narrative techniques, varied transitions, and a clearly established point of view.
- ELA.9.C.1.3 Write to argue a position, supporting claims using logical reasoning and credible evidence from multiple sources, rebutting counterclaims with relevant evidence, using a logical organizational structure, elaboration, purposeful transitions, and a tone appropriate to the task.
- ELA.9.C.1.4 Write expository texts to explain and analyze information from multiple sources, using a logical organization, varied purposeful transitions, and a tone appropriate to the task.
- ELA.9.C.1.5 Improve writing by considering feedback from adults, peers, and/or online editing tools, revising for clarity and cohesiveness.
- ELA.9.C.2 Communicating Orally
- ELA.9.C.2.1 Present information orally, with a logical organization and coherent focus, with credible evidence, creating a clear perspective.
- ELA.9.C.3 Following Conventions
- ELA.9.C.3.1 Follow the rules of standard English grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling appropriate to grade level.
- ELA.9.C.4 Researching
- ELA.9.C.4.1 Conduct research to answer a question, drawing on multiple reliable and valid sources, and refining the scope of the question to align with findings.
- ELA.9.C.5 Creating and Collaborating
- ELA.9.C.5.1 Create digital presentations with coherent ideas and a clear perspective.
- ELA.9.C.5.2 Use online collaborative platforms to create and export publication-ready quality writing tailored to a specific audience.