Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 4th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RI Reading Informational
- Key Ideas and Details
- ELAGSE4RI1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- ELAGSE4RI2 Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
- ELAGSE4RI3 Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text, including what happened and why, based on specific information in the text.
- Craft and Structure
- ELAGSE4RI4 Determine the meaning of general academic language and domain-specific words or phrases in a text relevant to a grade 4 topic or subject area.
- ELAGSE4RI5 Describe the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in a text or part of a text.
- ELAGSE4RI6 Compare and contrast a firsthand and secondhand account of the same event or topic; describe the differences in focus and the information provided.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- ELAGSE4RI7 Interpret information presented visually, orally, or quantitatively (e.g., in charts, graphs, diagrams, time lines, animations, or interactive elements on Web pages) and explain how the information contributes to an understanding of the text in which it appears.
- ELAGSE4RI8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text.
- ELAGSE4RI9 Integrate information from two texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- ELAGSE4RI10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, in the grades 4-5 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.