Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RF Reading: Foundations
- Learning Outcome
- 2.RF.1 Demonstrate an understanding of the five components of reading (print concepts, phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, and fluency and comprehension) to build foundational reading skills.
- 2.RF.4.2 Use knowledge of the six major syllable patterns (CVC, CVr, V, VV, VCe, Cle) to decode two-syllable words, independent of context.
- 2.RF.4.3 Apply knowledge of short and long vowels (including vowel teams) when reading regularly spelled one-syllable words.
- 2.RF.4.4 Recognize and read common and irregularly spelled high-frequency words and abbreviations by sight (e.g., through, tough; Jan., Fri.).
- 2.RF.4.5 Know and use common word families when reading unfamiliar words (e.g., -ale, -est, -ine, -ock).
- 2.RF.4.6 Read multi-syllabic words composed of roots, prefixes, and suffixes; read contractions, possessives (e.g., kitten’s, sisters’), and compound words.
- 2.RF.5 Orally read grade-level appropriate or higher texts smoothly and accurately, with expression that connotes comprehension at the independent level.