Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RV Reading: Vocabulary
- Learning Outcome
- 2.RV.1 Use words, phrases, and strategies acquired through conversations, reading and being read to, and responding to literature and nonfiction texts to build and apply vocabulary.
- Vocabulary Building
- 2.RV.2.1 Use context clues (e.g., words and sentence clues) and text features (e.g., table of contents, headings) to determine the meanings of unknown words.
- 2.RV.2.2 Identify relationships among words, including common synonyms and antonyms, and simple multiple-meaning words (e.g., change, duck).
- 2.RV.2.4 Use a known root word as a clue to the meaning of an unknown word with the same root, and identify when a common affix is added to a known word.
- 2.RV.2.5 Consult reference materials, both print and digital (e.g., dictionary), to determine or clarify the meanings of words and phrases.
- Vocabulary in Literature and Nonfiction Texts
- 2.RV.3.1 Recognize that authors use words (e.g., regular beats, repeating lines, simile, alliteration, onomatopoeia, idioms) to provide rhythm and meaning in a story, poem, or song.
- 2.RV.3.2 Determine the meanings of words and phrases in a nonfiction text relevant to a second grade topic or subject area.