Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 3rd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RL Reading: Literature
- Learning Outcome
- 3.RL.1 Read and comprehend a variety of literature within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 2-3. By the end of grade 3, students interact with texts proficiently and independently.
- Key Ideas and Textual Support
- 3.RL.2.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- 3.RL.2.2 Recount folktales, fables, and tall tales from diverse cultures; identify the themes in these works.
- 3.RL.2.3 Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the plot.
- Structural Elements and Organization
- 3.RL.3.1 Use terms such as chapter, scene, and stanza to refer to the parts of stories, plays, and poems; describe how each successive part builds on earlier sections.
- 3.RL.3.2 Distinguish personal point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
- Synthesis and Connection of Ideas
- 3.RL.4.1 Explain how specific aspects of a text’s illustrations contribute to what is conveyed by the words in a story (e.g., create mood, emphasize aspects of a character or setting).
- 3.RL.4.2 Compare and contrast the themes, settings, and plots of stories written by the same author about the same or similar characters (e.g., in books from a series).