Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RL Reading: Literature
- Learning Outcome
- 5.RL.1 Read and comprehend a variety of literature within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 4-5. By the end of grade 5, students interact with texts proficiently and independently.
- Key Ideas and Textual Support
- 5.RL.2.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what a text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- 5.RL.2.2 Determine the theme of a story, play, or poem from details in the text, including how characters respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
- 5.RL.2.3 Describe two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or play, drawing on specific details in the text, and how they impact the plot.
- Structural Elements and Organization
- 5.RL.3.1 Explain how a series of chapters, scenes, or stanzas fits together to provide the overall structure of a particular story, play, or poem.
- 5.RL.3.2 Describe how a narrator’s or speaker’s point of view influences how events are portrayed.
- Synthesis and Connection of Ideas
- 5.RL.4.1 Analyze how visual and multimedia presentations and representations can enhance the meaning of a text.
- 5.RL.4.2 Compare and contrast stories in the same genre on their approaches to similar themes and topics.