Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RN Reading: Nonfiction
- Learning Outcome
- 9-10.RN.1 Read a variety of nonfiction within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 9-10. By the end of grade 9, students interact with texts proficiently and independently at the low end of the range and with scaffolding as needed for texts at the high end of the range.
- Key Ideas and Textual Support
- 9-10.RN.2.1 Analyze what a text says explicitly as well as inferences and interpretations drawn from the text by citing strong and thorough textual evidence.
- 9-10.RN.2.2 Analyze in detail the development of two or more central ideas over the course of a text, including how they build on one another to provide a complex analysis.
- 9-10.RN.2.3 Analyze a series of ideas or events, including the order in which the points are made and developed, and the connections that are drawn between them.
- Structural Elements and Organization
- 9-10.RN.3.2 Analyze how an author’s ideas or claims are developed and refined by particular sentences, paragraphs, or larger portions of a text.
- 9-10.RN.3.3 Determine an author’s perspective or purpose in a text, and analyze how an author uses rhetoric to advance that perspective or purpose.
- Synthesis and Connection of Ideas
- 9-10.RN.4.1 Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the reasoning is valid and the evidence is relevant and sufficient; identify false statements and fallacious reasoning.
- 9-10.RN.4.2 Analyze various accounts of a subject told in different mediums examining the differences among the various accounts.
- 9-10.RN.4.3 Analyze U.S. and world documents of historical and literary significance, including how they address related themes and concepts.