Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten Grade Math Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- M1.1 Demonstrate strong sense of counting
- M1.1.1 Count the number sequence 1-20.
- M1.1.2 Count backward from 10.
- M1.1.3 Recognize the last number name said tells the number of objects counted.
- M1.1.4 Draw pictures, symbols, or use manipulatives to represent spoken number 0-10.
- M1.1.5 Identify, without counting, small quantities of items (1-4) presented in an irregular or unfamiliar pattern (subitize).
- M1.2 Demonstrate understanding of written numerals
- M1.2.1 Match number symbols with amounts 1-10.
- M1.2.2 Name written numerals from 0-10.
- M1.2.3 Write numerals 1-10.
- M1.3 Recognition of number relations
- M1.3.1 Identify when two sets are equal using matching and counting strategies.
- M1.3.2 Correctly use the words of position.
- M1.3.3 Compare the values of two numbers from 1 to 10 presented as written numerals.
- M1.3.4 Demonstrate the understanding of the concept before.
M2 Computation and Algebraic Thinking
- M2.1 Exhibit understanding of mathematic structure
- M2.1.1 Use understanding that numbers can be composed and decomposed to create new numbers in solving problems with quantities under five.
- M2.2 Demonstrate awarenes of patterning
- M2.2.1 Begin to create and extend a new simple pattern.
- M2.2.2 Understand sequence of events when clearly explained.
M3 Data Analysis
- M3.1 Demonstrate understanding of classifying
- M3.1.1 Explain simple sorting or classifying strategies.
- M3.1.2 Sort a group of objects in multiple ways.
- M3.1.3 Create and describe simple graphs.
- M4.1 Understanding of spatial relationships
- M4.1.1 Complete lined tangram or pattern block puzzles using basic shapes.
- M4.1.2 Use position terms such as above, below, beside, and between.
- M4.2 Exhibit ability to identify, describe, analyze, compare, and create shapes
- M4.2.1 Use the attributes of shapes to distinguish between shapes.
- M4.2.2 Differentiate two- and three-dimensional shapes (e.g., squares from cubes).
- M5.1 Understand concept of time
- M5.1.1 Know daily concepts of earlier and later, morning and afternoon.
- M5.2 Understand measurement through description and comparison
- M5.2.1 Directly compare and describe two or more objects with a measurable attribute.
- M5.2.2 Measure length and volume (capacity) using a standard measurement tool.