Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade Social Studies Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Constructing Compelling Questions
- SS.7.1 Compare disciplinary concepts and ideas associated with a compelling question.
- Constructing Supporting Questions
- SS.7.2 Create supporting questions to help answer the compelling question in an inquiry.
- Gathering and Evaluating Sources
- SS.7.3 Gather relevant information from primary and secondary sources using the origin, authority, structure, and context of the sources to guide the selection.
- SS.7.4 With guided practice, evaluate the credibility of primary and secondary sources by determining their relevance and intended use.
- Developing Claims and Using Evidence
- SS.7.5 With guided practice, identify evidence that draws information from multiple perspectives and sources to support claims, noting evidentiary limitations.
- SS.7.6 With guided practice, develop claims and counterclaims while pointing out the strengths and limitations of both.
- SS.7.7 With guided practice, construct arguments using claims and evidence from multiple sources.
- Communicating and Critiquing Conclusions
- SS.7.8 Independently construct responses to compelling questions supported by reasoning and evidence.
- SS.7.9 Present original arguments based on credible sources using a variety of media to authentic audiences.
- SS.7.10 With guided practice, analyze disciplinary arguments of peers for credibility.
- Taking Informed Action
- SS.7.11 Explain the challenges people face and opportunities they create in addressing local, regional, and global problems at various times and places.
- SS.7.12 Apply a range of deliberative and democratic procedures to make decisions and take action in classrooms, schools, and communities.
BS Behavioral Sciences
- Examine Factors that Led to Continuity and Change in Human and Group Behavior
- BS.SS.7.13 Identify social, political and economic factors that can influence our thoughts and behavior.
- Recognize the Interaction Between Individuals and Various Groups
- BS.SS.7.14 Examine what causes inequalities and how they exist within a society.
- Analyze Civic and Political Institutions
- CG.SS.7.15 Distinguish and apply the powers and responsibilities of global citizens, interest groups and the media in a variety of governmental and nongovernmental contexts.
- CG.SS.7.16 Examine the origins, purposes, and impact of laws, treaties, and international agreements.
- CG.SS.7.17 Describe the roles of political, civil, and economic organizations in shaping people’s lives.
- Engage in Economic Decision Making
- E.SS.7.18 Explain and evaluate how economic decisions affect the wellbeing of individuals, businesses, and society.
- Critique Exchange and Markets
- E.SS.7.19 Explain how external benefits, costs, supply and demand, and competition influence market prices, wages, and outcomes.
- Assess the Global Economy
- E.SS.7.20 Investigate the impact of trade policies and barriers on a nation and its citizens.
- Analyze Human Population Movements and Patterns
- G.SS.7.21 Evaluate the push and pull factors involved in human population movement and patterns.
- Analyze Global Interconnections
- G.SS.7.22 Explain how the relationship between the environmental characteristics of places and production of goods influences the spatial patterns of world trade.
- G.SS.7.23 Explain how global changes in population distribution patterns affect changes in land use in particular areas.
- Analyze Change, Continuity, and Context
- H.SS.7.24 Analyze connections among historical events and developments in contemporary global issues.
- Compare Perspectives
- H.SS.7.25 Explain how and why perspectives on various contemporary issues have changed over time.
- Justify Causation and Argumentation
- H.SS.7.26 Explain multiple causes and effects of various contemporary global events and developments.
- Iowa History
- H.SS.7.27 Analyze the role that Iowa plays in contemporary global issues.
FL Financial Literacy
- Skills covering this topic are not currently available on IXL.