Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade Science Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
PS Physical Sciences
- Structure and Properties of Matter
- 6-PS1-1 Develop models to describe the atomic composition of simple molecules and extended structures.
- 6-PS1-3 Gather and make sense of information to describe that synthetic materials come from natural resources and impact society.
- 6-PS1-4 Develop a model that predicts and describes changes in particle motion, temperature, and state of a pure substance when thermal energy is added or removed.
- Forces and Interactions
- 6-PS2-1 Apply Newton’s Third Law to design a solution to a problem involving the motion of two colliding objects.
- 6-PS2-2 Plan an investigation to provide evidence that the change in an object’s motion depends on the sum of the forces on the object and the mass of the object.
LS Life Sciences
- Matter and Energy in Organisms and Ecosystems
- 6-LS2-1 Analyze and interpret data to provide evidence for the effects of resource availability on organisms and populations of organisms in an ecosystem.
- 6-LS2-3 Develop a model to describe the cycling of matter and flow of energy among living and nonliving parts of an ecosystem.
- Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems
- 6-LS2-2 Construct an explanation that predicts patterns of interactions among organisms across multiple ecosystems.
ESS Earth and Space Sciences
- Space Systems
- 6-ESS1-1 Develop and use a model of the Earth-sun-moon system to describe the cyclic patterns of lunar phases, eclipses of the sun and moon, and seasons.
- 6-ESS1-2 Develop and use a model to describe the role of gravity in the motions within galaxies and the solar system.
- 6-ESS1-3 Analyze and interpret data to determine scale properties of objects in the solar system.
- History of Earth
- 6-ESS2-2 Construct an explanation based on evidence for how geoscience processes have changed Earth’s surface at varying time and spatial scales.
- 6-ESS2-3 Analyze and interpret data on the distribution of fossils and rocks, continental shapes, and seafloor structures to provide evidence of the past plate motions.
- Earth’s Systems
- 6-ESS2-1 Develop a model to describe the cycling of Earth’s materials and the flow of energy that drives this process.
- 6-ESS2-4 Develop a model to describe the cycling of water through Earth’s systems driven by energy from the sun and the force of gravity.
- Weather and Climate
- 6-ESS2-5 Collect data to provide evidence for how the motions and complex interactions of air masses results in changes in weather conditions.
- 6-ESS2-6 Develop and use a model to describe how unequal heating and rotation of the Earth cause patterns of atmospheric and oceanic circulation that determine regional climates.
ETS Engineering, Technology, and Applications of Science
- Engineering Design
- MS-ETS1-1 Define the criteria and constraints of a design problem with sufficient precision to ensure a successful solution, taking into account relevant scientific principles and potential impacts on people and the natural environment that may limit possible solutions
- MS-ETS1-2 Evaluate competing design solutions using a systematic process to determine how well they meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
- MS-ETS1-3 Analyze data from tests to determine similarities and differences among several design solutions to identify the best characteristics of each that can be combined into a new solution to better meet the criteria for success.
- MS-ETS1-4 Develop a model to generate data for iterative testing and modification of a proposed object, tool, or process such that an optimal design can be achieved.