Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
3 Demonstrates general skills and strategies of the reading process.
- 3.1 Listens to and/or responds to reading materials with interest and enjoyment.
- 3.1.1 Participates actively in story time.
- 3.1.2 Chooses reading activities.
- 3.1.3 Responds to reading activities with interest and enjoyment.
- 3.2 Shows interest and understanding of the basic concepts and conventions of print.
- 3.2.1 Handles books correctly, showing increasing skills in print directionality.
- 3.2.2 Understands that print has meaning.
- 3.3 Demonstrates knowledge of the alphabet.
- 3.3.1 Recognizes some letters of the alphabet.
- 3.3.2 Recognizes some letters and words in print.
- 3.3.3 Identifies some known letters of the alphabet in familiar and unfamiliar words.
- 3.4 Demonstrates emergent phonemic/phonological awareness.
- 3.4.1 Recognizes rhyming words.
- 3.4.2 Recognizes sounds that match.
- 3.4.3 Produces a rhyming word.
- 3.4.4 Discriminates separate syllables in words.
- 3.4.5 Makes some letter-sound connections.
- 3.4.6 Identifies some beginning sounds.
- 3.5 Draws meaning from pictures, print, and text.
- 3.5.1 Names features of a picture.
- 3.5.2 Uses illustrations to tell major events of a story.
- 3.5.3 Understands that text has a specific meaning.
- 3.6 Tells and retells a story.
- 3.6.1 Imitates act of reading in play.
- 3.6.2 Acts out main events of a familiar story.
- 3.6.3 Uses pictures and illustrations to tell and retell a story.
- 3.6.4 Uses prior experience to help make sense of stories.
- 3.6.5 Retells a story including many details and draws connections between story events.