Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten Math Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
PK.1 Demonstrates general skills and uses concepts of mathematics.
- PK.1.1 Demonstrates an understanding of numbers and counting.
- PK.1.1.1 Imitates rote counting using the names of the numbers.
- PK.1.1.2 Counts in sequence to 5 and beyond.
- PK.1.1.3 Arranges sets of objects in one-to-one correspondence.
- PK.1.1.4 Understands that a single object is always “one” regardless of size, shape, other attributes.
- PK.1.1.5 Counts concrete objects to 5 and beyond.
- PK.1.1.6 Uses math language to express quantity in everyday experiences.
- PK.1.1.7 Compares concrete quantities to determine which has more.
- PK.1.1.8 Recognizes that a set of objects remains the same amount if physically rearranged.
- PK.1.1.9 Realizes that the last number counted is the total amount of objects.
- PK.1.1.10 Recognizes some numerals and associates number concepts with print materials in a meaningful way.
- PK.1.1.11 Names and writes some numerals.
- PK.1.2 Recognizes and describes shapes and spatial relationships.
- PK.1.2.1 Recognizes some basic shapes.
- PK.1.2.2 Creates and duplicates shapes.
- PK. Completes simple puzzles.
- PK.1.2.3 Identifies shapes.
- PK.1.2.4 Recognizes parts of a whole.
- PK.1.2.5 Recognizes the position of objects.
- PK.1.2.6 Uses words that indicate directionality, order and position of objects.
- PK.1.3 Uses the attributes of objects for comparison and patterning.
- PK.1.3.1 Matches objects.
- PK.1.3.2 Sorts objects by one or more attributes.
- PK.1.3.3 Describes objects by one or more attributes.
- PK.1.3.4 Recognizes, duplicates, and extends simple patterns.
- PK.1.3.5 Creates original patterns.
- PK.1.4 Use nonstandard and/or standard units to measure and describe.
- PK.1.4.1 Compares and orders by size.
- PK.1.4.2 Uses tools to explore measuring.
- PK.1.4.3 Explores, compares, and describes length, weight or volume using nonstandard units.
- PK. Explores, compares, and describes length, weight, or volume using standard units.
- PK.1.4.4 Shows awareness of simple time concepts.
- PK.1.4.5 Categorizes and sequences time intervals and uses language associated with time in everyday situations.