Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
Foundational Reading Skills
- 11 Recognize that print is read left to right and top to bottom
- 12 Identify own first name in print
- 13 Isolate individual words in print
- 14 Identify that printed text is made up of sentences that begin with a capital letter and end with some type of punctuation
- 15 Name at least 26 of the 52 letters in isolation (any combination of upper and lower case letters totaling at least 26 is acceptable)
- 16 Manipulate endings of words and nonsense words to make rhyming sounds
- 17 Segment words into syllables using actions
- 18 Orally blend onset and rime in words (onset of the word and the rime of the word)
- 19 Identify, pronounce, and manipulate individual sounds in words
- 20 Demonstrate appropriate reading behaviors when handling and looking at books with predictable, repetitive text, and simple illustrations