Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RL Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- RL.1 Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
- RL.2 Retell stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures, and determine their central message, lesson, or moral.
- RL.3 Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
- Craft and Structure
- RL.4 Describe how words and phrases (e.g., regular beats, alliteration, rhymes, repeated lines) supply rhythm and meaning in a story, poem, or song.
- RL.5 Describe the overall structure of a story, including describing how the beginning introduces the story and the ending concludes the action.
- RL.6 Explain what dialogue is and how it can reveal characters’ thoughts and perspectives.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RL.7 Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
- RL.9 Compare and contrast two or more versions of the same story (e.g., Cinderella stories) by different authors or from different cultures.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RL.10 Independently and proficiently read and comprehend literary texts representing a variety of genres, cultures, and perspectives and exhibiting complexity appropriate for at least grade 2.