Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 4th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RI Reading Informational
- Key Ideas and Details
- RI.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text states explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- RI.2 Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize a text.
- RI.3 Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, mathematical, or technical text, including what happened and why, based on specific information in the text.
- Craft and Structure
- RI.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words or phrases in a text relevant to a grade 4 topic or subject area.
- RI.5 Describe the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in a text or part of a text.
- RI.6 Compare and contrast a firsthand and secondhand account of the same event or topic; describe the differences in focus and the information provided.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RI.7 Interpret information presented visually, orally, or quantitatively (e.g., in charts, graphs, diagrams, timelines, animations, or interactive elements on webpages) and explain how the information contributes to an understanding of the text in which it appears.
- RI.8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text.
- RI.9 Integrate information from two texts on the same topic in order to write or speak knowledgeably about the subject.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RI.10 Independently and proficiently read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, mathematical, and technical texts, exhibiting complexity appropriate for at least grade 4.