Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RI Reading Informational
- Key Ideas and Details
- RI.1 Quote or paraphrase a text accurately when explaining what the text states explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- RI.2 Determine one or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize a text.
- RI.3 Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, mathematical, or technical text based on specific information in the text.
- Craft and Structure
- RI.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area.
- RI.5 Describe how an author uses one or more structures (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, to present information in a text.
- RI.6 Analyze multiple accounts of the same event or topic, noting important similarities and differences among the points of view they represent.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RI.7 Draw on information from multiple print or digital sources, demonstrating the ability to locate an answer to a question quickly or to solve a problem efficiently.
- RI.8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s).
- RI.9 Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak knowledgeably about the subject.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RI.10 Independently and proficiently read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, mathematical, and technical texts, exhibiting complexity appropriate for at least grade 5.