Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RL Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- RL.1 Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what a text states explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, quoting or paraphrasing as appropriate.
- RL.2 Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of a text.
- RL.3 Analyze how particular elements of a story, poem, or drama interact (e.g., how setting shapes the characters or plot).
- Craft and Structure
- RL.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning, tone, or mood, including the impact of repeated use of particular images.
- RL.5 Analyze how aspects of a literary work’s structure contribute to its meaning or style (e.g., the effect of repetition in an epic, flashback in a novel, soliloquy in a drama).
- RL.6 Analyze how an author develops and contrasts the points of view of different characters or narrators in a text.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RL.7 Compare and contrast a written story, drama, or poem to its audio, filmed, staged, or multimedia version.
- RL.9 Compare and contrast a fictional portrayal of a time, place, or character and a historical account of the same period as a means of understanding how authors of fiction use or alter history.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RL.10 Independently and proficiently read and comprehend literary texts representing a variety of genres, cultures, and perspectives and exhibiting complexity appropriate for at least grade 7.