Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
RI Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- 188.8.131.52 Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
- 184.108.40.206 Identify the main topic of a multiparagraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
- 220.127.116.11 Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text.
- Craft and Structure
- 18.104.22.168 Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area.
- 22.214.171.124 Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
- 126.96.36.199 Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- 188.8.131.52 Explain how specific images (e.g., a diagram showing how a machine works) contribute to and clarify a text.
- 184.108.40.206 Describe how reasons support specific points the author makes in a text.
- 220.127.116.11 Compare and contrast the most important points presented by two texts on the same topic.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- 18.104.22.168 By the end of year, select, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, in the grades 2–3 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range for personal interest, enjoyment, and academic tasks.