Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade Math Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
2.1 Number & Operation
- 2.1.1 Compare and represent whole numbers up to 1000 with an emphasis on place value and equality.
- 184.108.40.206 Read, write and represent whole numbers up to 1000. Representations may include numerals, addition, subtraction, multiplication, words, pictures, tally marks, number lines and manipulatives, such as bundles of sticks and base 10 blocks.
- 220.127.116.11 Use place value to describe whole numbers between 10 and 1000 in terms of hundreds, tens and ones. Know that 100 is 10 tens, and 1000 is 10 hundreds.
- 18.104.22.168 Find 10 more or 10 less than a given three-digit number. Find 100 more or 100 less than a given three-digit number.
- 22.214.171.124 Round numbers up to the nearest 10 and 100 and round numbers down to the nearest 10 and 100.
- 126.96.36.199 Compare and order whole numbers up to 1000.
- 2.1.2 Demonstrate mastery of addition and subtraction basic facts; add and subtract one- and two-digit numbers in real-world and mathematical problems.
- 188.8.131.52 Use strategies to generate addition and subtraction facts including making tens, fact families, doubles plus or minus one, counting on, counting back, and the commutative and associative properties. Use the relationship between addition and subtraction to generate basic facts.
- 184.108.40.206 Demonstrate fluency with basic addition facts and related subtraction facts.
- 220.127.116.11 Estimate sums and differences up to 100.
- 18.104.22.168 Use mental strategies and algorithms based on knowledge of place value to add and subtract two-digit numbers. Strategies may include decomposition, expanded notation, and partial sums and differences.
- 22.214.171.124 Solve real-world and mathematical addition and subtraction problems involving whole numbers with up to 2 digits.
- 126.96.36.199 Use addition and subtraction to create and obtain information from tables, bar graphs and tally charts.
- 2.2.1 Recognize, create, describe, and use patterns and rules to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
- 188.8.131.52 Identify, create and describe simple number patterns involving repeated addition or subtraction, skip counting and arrays of objects such as counters or tiles. Use patterns to solve problems in various contexts.
- 2.2.2 Use number sentences involving addition, subtraction and unknowns to represent and solve real-world and mathematical problems; create real-world situations corresponding to number sentences.
- 184.108.40.206 Understand how to interpret number sentences involving addition, subtraction and unknowns represented by letters. Use objects and number lines and create real-world situations to represent number sentences.
- 220.127.116.11 Use number sentences involving addition, subtraction, and unknowns to represent given problem situations. Use number sense and properties of addition and subtraction to find values for the unknowns that make the number sentences true.
2.3 Geometry & Measurement
- 2.3.1 Identify, describe and compare basic shapes according to their geometric attributes.
- 18.104.22.168 Describe, compare, and classify two- and three-dimensional figures according to number and shape of faces, and the number of sides, edges and vertices (corners).
- 22.214.171.124 Identify and name basic two- and three-dimensional shapes, such as squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, trapezoids, hexagons, cubes, rectangular prisms, cones, cylinders and spheres.
- 2.3.2 Understand length as a measurable attribute; use tools to measure length.
- 126.96.36.199 Understand the relationship between the size of the unit of measurement and the number of units needed to measure the length of an object.
- 188.8.131.52 Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between length and the numbers on a ruler by using a ruler to measure lengths to the nearest centimeter or inch.
- 2.3.3 Use time and money in real-world and mathematical situations.
- 184.108.40.206 Tell time to the quarter-hour and distinguish between a.m. and p.m.
- 220.127.116.11 Identify pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. Find the value of a group of coins and determine combinations of coins that equal a given amount.