Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade Science Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Key Ideas and Details
- RST.22.214.171.124 Cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of science and technical texts.
- RST.126.96.36.199 Determine the central ideas or conclusions of a text; provide an accurate summary of the text distinct from prior knowledge or opinions.
- RST.188.8.131.52 Follow precisely a multistep procedure when carrying out experiments, designing solutions, taking measurements, or performing technical tasks.
- Craft and Structure
- RST.184.108.40.206 Determine the meaning of symbols, equations, graphical representations, tabular representations, key terms, and other domain-specific words and phrases as they are used in a specific scientific or technical context relevant to grades 6–8 texts and topics.
- RST.220.127.116.11 Analyze the structure an author uses to organize a text, including how the major sections contribute to the whole and to an understanding of the topic.
- RST.18.104.22.168 Analyze the author’s purpose in describing phenomena, providing an explanation, describing a procedure, or discussing/reporting an experiment in a text.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RST.22.214.171.124 Compare and integrate quantitative or technical information expressed in words in a text with a version of that information expressed visually (e.g., in a flowchart, diagram, model, graph, table, map).
- RST.126.96.36.199 Distinguish among claims, evidence, reasoning, facts, and reasoned judgment based on research findings, and speculation in a text.
- RST.188.8.131.52 Compare and contrast the information gained from experiments, simulations, video, or multimedia sources with that gained from reading a text on the same topic.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RST.184.108.40.206 By the end of grade 8, read and comprehend science/technical texts in the grades 6–8 text complexity band independently and proficiently.