Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
7.RI Reading Informational Text
- 7.RI.1 Comprehend and Interpret Texts (Approaching Texts as a Reader)
- 7.RI.1.A Draw conclusions, infer and analyze by citing several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- 7.RI.1.B Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text, including figurative, connotative, and content-specific meanings using context, affixes, or reference materials.
- 7.RI.1.C Interpret visual elements of a text including those from different media and draw conclusions from them (when applicable).
- 7.RI.1.D Explain the central/main idea(s) of a text and explain the relationship between the central idea(s) and supporting evidence; summarize the text distinct from personal opinions.
- 7.RI.2 Analyze Craft and Structure (Approaching Texts as a Writer)
- 7.RI.2.A Analyze how a text’s organization or overall structure contributes to meaning.
- 7.RI.2.B Analyze how an author develops his/her point of view or purpose and distinguishes it from those of others.
- 7.RI.2.C Analyze how word choice contributes to meaning and tone.
- 7.RI.2.D Evaluate an author’s argument, assessing whether the reasoning is sound and the evidence is relevant and sufficient to support the claims.
- 7.RI.3 Synthesize Ideas from Multiple Texts (Approaching Texts as a Researcher)
- 7.RI.3.A Compare and contrast information presented in different mediums and analyze how the techniques unique to each medium contribute to meaning.
- 7.RI.3.B Compare and contrast how two or more authors writing about the same topic make decisions about craft and structure.
- 7.RI.3.C Explain how the text reflects historical and/or cultural contexts.
- 7.RI.3.D Read and comprehend informational text independently and proficiently