Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
9-10.RI Reading Informational Text
- 9-10.RI.1 Comprehend and Interpret Texts (Approaching Texts as a Reader)
- 9-10.RI.1.A Draw conclusions, infer and analyze by citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- 9-10.RI.1.B Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text, including figurative, connotative, and content-specific meanings using context, affixes, or reference materials.
- 9-10.RI.1.C Interpret visual elements of a text including those from different media and draw conclusions from them (when applicable).
- 9-10.RI.1.D Explain two or more central/main ideas in a text, analyze their development throughout the text, and explain the significance of the central ideas; provide an objective and concise summary of the text.
- 9-10.RI.2 Analyze Craft and Structure (Approaching Texts as a Writer)
- 9-10.RI.2.A Analyze how an author’s choices concerning how to structure a text or sequence information impacts the reader.
- 9-10.RI.2.B Analyze how an author uses rhetoric to advance point of view or purpose.
- 9-10.RI.2.C Analyze the cumulative impact of specific word choices and syntax on meaning and tone.
- 9-10.RI.2.D Evaluate an author’s argument, assessing whether the reasoning is valid and the evidence is relevant and sufficient; identify false statements and fallacious reasoning.
- 9-10.RI.3 Synthesize Ideas from Multiple Texts (Approaching Texts as a Researcher)
- 9-10.RI.3.A Analyze how similar ideas or topics are portrayed in different media formats.
- 9-10.RI.3.B Evaluate how effectively two or more texts develop similar ideas/topics.
- 9-10.RI.3.C Analyze how multiple texts reflect the historical and/or cultural contexts.
- 9-10.RI.3.D Read and comprehend informational text independently and proficiently.