Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten Math Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
PK.1 Number and operations
- PK.1.A Uses number to show quantity
- PK.1.A.1 Shows interest in counting and quantity.
- PK.1.A.2 Develops increasing ability to rote count in sequence.
- PK.1.A.3 Counts objects with understanding.
- PK.1.B Uses language to represent number of objects
- PK.1.B.1 Uses language to compare number (e.g., more/less, greater/fewer, equal to).
- PK.1.B.2 Combines and names how many.
- PK.1.B.3 Separates and names how many.
- PK.1.B.4 Explores everyday fractions.
- PK.1.C Solves problems using number
- PK.1.C.1 Names how many there are in a group (up to five objects) without counting.
- PK.1.C.2 Uses one-to-one correspondence when counting objects.
- PK.1.C.3 Uses one-to-one correspondence to compare the size of a group of objects.
- PK.1.C.4 Estimates, then counts to verify the number of objects.
- PK.1.D Uses numerical representation
- PK.1.D.1 Uses drawings to represent number.
- PK.1.D.2 Identifies numerals in everyday situations.
- PK.1.D.3 Uses ordinal numbers (first, second, last).
- PK.1.D.4 Writes some numerals.
- PK.1.D.5 Matches numeral with quantity.
PK.2 Geometry and spatial sense
- PK.2.A Investigates positions and locations
- PK.2.A.1 Takes objects apart and puts them together.
- PK.2.A.2 Uses actions and words to indicate position and location.
- PK.2.A.3 Uses actions and words to indicate movement and orientation.
- PK.2.B Explores shapes in the environment
- PK.2.B.1 Investigates and talks about the characteristics of shapes.
- PK.2.B.2 Creates and duplicates three-dimensional and two-dimensional shapes using a variety of materials.
- PK.2.B.3 Identifies and names some shapes.
- PK.2.B.4 Indicates if shapes are alike or different using one or more characteristics.
- PK.2.B.4.a Three-dimensional shapes
- PK.2.B.4.b Two-dimensional shapes
PK.3 Patterns and relationships
- PK.3.A Recognizes relationships in the environment
- PK.3.A.1 Matches, sorts and regroups objects according to one or more characteristic.
- PK.3.A.2 Orders things according to relative differences.
- PK.3.B Uses patterns in the environment
- PK.3.B.1 Recognizes patterns.
- PK.3.B.2 Duplicates and extends patterns.
- PK.3.B.3 Creates patterns.
- PK.4.A Makes comparisons
- PK.4.A.1 Compares objects using measurable features.
- PK.4.A.2 Describes measurement.
- PK.4.A.3 Orders three or more objects according to length or size differences.
- PK.4.A.4 Uses language associated with time in everyday situations.
- PK.4.A.5 Anticipates, remembers and predicts a sequence of events.
- PK.4.B Uses measurement
- PK.4.B.1 Explores ways to measure.
- PK.4.B.2 Measures using objects.
PK.5 Exploring data
- PK.5.A Collects, organizes and uses information
- PK.5.A.1 Asks questions to gather information.
- PK.5.A.2 Sorts and classifies objects into groups and sometimes explains how the grouping was done.
- PK.5.A.3 Evaluates information to answer questions.