Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 8th Grade Science Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Key Ideas and Details
- R.1 Cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of science and technical texts.
- R.2 Determine the central ideas or conclusions of a text; provide an accurate summary of the text distinct from prior knowledge or opinions.
- R.3 Follow precisely a multistep procedure when carrying out experiments, taking measurements, or performing technical tasks.
- Craft and Structure
- R.4 Determine the meaning of symbols, key terms, and other domain-specific words and phrases as they are used in a specific scientific or technical context relevant to grades 6–8 texts and topics.
- R.5 Analyze the structure an author uses to organize a text, including how the major sections contribute to the whole and to an understanding of the topic.
- R.6 Analyze the author’s purpose in providing an explanation, describing a procedure, or discussing an experiment in a text.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- R.7 Integrate quantitative or technical information expressed in words in a text with a version of that information expressed visually (e.g., in a flowchart, diagram, model, graph, or table).
- R.8 Distinguish among facts, reasoned judgment based on research findings, and speculation in a text. Include texts by and about American Indians.
- R.9 Compare and contrast the information gained from experiments, simulations, video, or multimedia sources with that gained from reading a text on the same topic.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- R.10 By the end of grade 8, read and comprehend science/technical texts in the grades 6–8 text complexity band independently and proficiently.