Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
LA.2.RP Reading Prose and Poetry
- Central Ideas and Details: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development of themes or central ideas in grade-level literary text.
- LA.2.RP.1 Recount narratives and determine their central message, lesson, or moral.
- LA.2.RP.2 Describe characters and how they interact with one another.
- Author’s Craft: Citing relevant and thorough evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development and interaction of individuals, ideas, and events in grade-level literary text.
- LA.2.RP.3 Determine and explain who is telling a story within and across literary texts.
- LA.2.RP.4 Describe the basic structure of a literary text, including how literary elements are introduced and developed and conflicts are resolved.
- Knowledge and Ideas: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate how an author’s perspective or use of point of view shapes the style and meaning of grade-level literary text.
- LA.2.RP.5 Compare and contrast two or more versions of the same literary text by different authors or from different cultures.
- LA.2.RP.6 Ask and answer literal (e.g., recall/details) and simple inferential (e.g., why or how) questions about key details in a literary text.
- LA.2.RP.7 Compare and contrast topics in a variety of literary texts to build knowledge of cultures (e.g., history, values, beliefs, and behaviors).
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity: Read and comprehend complex, grade-level literary text independently and proficiently.
- LA.2.RP.8 With scaffolding as needed, read and comprehend a wide range of literary texts of appropriate complexity for Grade 2.