Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 4th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
LA.4.RI Reading Informational Text
- Central Ideas and Details: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development of themes or central ideas in grade-level informational text.
- LA.4.RI.1 Determine the central idea of an informational text and how it is conveyed through key details.
- LA.4.RI.2 Analyze an individual, event, scientific idea or concept, or steps in a process.
- Author’s Craft: Citing relevant and thorough evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development and interaction of individuals, ideas, and events in grade-level informational text.
- LA.4.RI.3 Compare and contrast authors’ perspectives in multiple informational texts of the same topic.
- LA.4.RI.4 Describe the overall structure of an informational text and how it contributes to meaning.
- Knowledge and Ideas: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate how an author’s perspective or use of point of view shapes the style and meaning of grade-level informational text.
- LA.4.RI.5 Integrate information from multiple informational texts on the same topic in order to demonstrate knowledge of the topic.
- LA.4.RI.6 Identify an author’s claim(s) and explain how the author supports the claim in the text.
- LA.4.RI.7 Explain an author or speaker’s treatment of similar topics and/or patterns of events in a wide range of informational texts.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity: Read and comprehend complex, grade-level informational text independently and proficiently.
- LA.4.RI.8 Read and comprehend a wide range of informational texts of appropriate complexity for Grade 4 independently and proficiently.