Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
LA.5.RP Reading Prose and Poetry
- Central Ideas and Details: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development of themes or central ideas in grade-level literary text.
- LA.5.RP.1 Explain the theme in a literary text and how it is conveyed through key details.
- LA.5.RP.2 Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a literary text or texts.
- Author’s Craft: Citing relevant and thorough evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development and interaction of individuals, ideas, and events in grade-level literary text.
- LA.5.RP.3 Describe how a narrator or speaker’s point of view influences the meaning of a literary text.
- LA.5.RP.4 Explain how a sequence of chapters, scenes, or stanzas fit together to provide the overall structure of literary texts.
- Knowledge and Ideas: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate how an author’s perspective or use of point of view shapes the style and meaning of grade-level literary text.
- LA.5.RP.5 Compare and contrast the treatment of themes and topics in literary texts of the same genre.
- LA.5.RP.6 Analyze a literary text to answer and develop inferential questions to enhance the comprehension of self and others, quoting or paraphrasing specific evidence from the text.
- LA.5.RP.7 Explain the relationships between two or more characters, events, or ideas in a range of literary texts.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity: Read and comprehend complex, grade-level literary text independently and proficiently.
- LA.5.RP.8 Read and comprehend wide range of literary texts of appropriate complexity for Grade 5 independently and proficiently.