Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
LA.6.RI Reading Informational Text
- Central Ideas and Details: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development of themes or central ideas in grade-level informational text.
- LA.6.RI.1 Determine the implied or explicit central idea of an informational text and how it develops over the course of a text.
- LA.6.RI.2 Explain how a key individual, event, or idea or concept is introduced and developed, drawing on specific supporting details in an informational text.
- Author’s Craft: Citing relevant and thorough evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development and interaction of individuals, ideas, and events in grade-level informational text.
- LA.6.RI.3 Explain how an author establishes and conveys a perspective or purpose in an informational text.
- LA.6.RI.4 Analyze how a particular sentence, paragraph, chapter, or section fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the ideas.
- Knowledge and Ideas: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate how an author’s perspective or use of point of view shapes the style and meaning of grade-level informational text.
- LA.6.RI.5 Compare and contrast one author’s presentation of information with that of another.
- LA.6.RI.6 Analyze the development of an argument and identify the type(s) of reasoning used to support the argument.
- LA.6.RI.7 Compare and contrast regional, national, and/or multicultural perspectives within and across informational texts.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity: Read and comprehend complex, grade-level informational texts independently and proficiently.
- LA.6.RI.8 Read and comprehend a wide range of informational texts of appropriate complexity for the 6-8 grade band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.