Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
LA.6.RP Reading Prose and Poetry
- Central Ideas and Details: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development of themes or central ideas in grade-level literary text.
- LA.6.RP.1 Determine the implied or explicit theme of a literary text and how it develops over the course of a text.
- LA.6.RP.2 Explain how a plot unfolds as well as how the characters respond to events or changes as the plot moves toward a resolution.
- Author’s Craft: Citing relevant and thorough evidence to support ideas, evaluate the development and interaction of individuals, ideas, and events in grade-level literary text.
- LA.6.RP.3 Explain how an author establishes and conveys the point(s) of view of a narrator or speaker in a literary text.
- LA.6.RP.4 Analyze how a sequence of chapters, scenes, or stanzas contribute to the development of literary elements (e.g. theme, setting, or plot).
- Knowledge and Ideas: Citing relevant and thorough textual evidence to support ideas, evaluate how an author’s perspective or use of point of view shapes the style and meaning of grade-level literary and informational text.
- LA.6.RP.5 Compare and contrast texts in different forms or genres (e.g., stories and poems, historical novels, fantasy stories) and their treatment of similar themes and topics.
- LA.6.RP.6 Analyze a literary text to answer and develop inferential and evaluative questions to enhance the comprehension of self and others, quoting or paraphrasing specific evidence from the text.
- LA.6.RP.7 Compare and contrast regional, national, and/or multicultural perspectives within and across literary texts.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity: Read and comprehend complex, grade-level literary and informational texts independently and proficiently.
- LA.6.RP.8 Read and comprehend a wide range of literary text of appropriate complexity for the 6-8 grade band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.